Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about practicing in the Northwest Territories? You’ve come to the right place! Explore our ever-expanding list of frequently asked questions related to living, working, and expanding your opportunities as a health and social services professional in the Northwest Territories.
Have a question that doesn’t appear below? Contact us at PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca to let us know!
- What are the official languages of the NWT?
- What is the summer like in the NWT?
- What is the winter like in the NWT?
- What is the Northwest Territories Health and Social Services System?
- What does a work/life balance in the NWT look like?
- What are the employment opportunities for a spouse or partner?
Salary and Benefits
- What is a northern living allowance?
- Do I receive relocation assistance if I am moving to the NWT to work?
- I have student loans. Do you offer financial assistance?