Live. Work. Expand Your Opportunities.....
Few careers offer the breadth of work and provide the opportunity to do something as truly rewarding as the careers with the Northwest Territories Health and Social Services System (HSS System).
You’ll have the opportunity to positively impact the residents of the Northwest Territories while supporting the advancement of healthcare and social services across the territory. You'll work within a system that encourages you to expand and excel in your profession, with supported, continual professional development and opportunities of expanded scope inherent to Northern practice. You’ll discover the healthy work/life balance, with some of the shortest commutes in Canada and the wilderness right outside your door. And all while enjoying one of the most competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits packages in Canada!
When you work in the Northwest Territories you'll be part of a competent, dedicated, and collegial workforce that enjoys a unique lifestyle unmatched anywhere in Canada. You’ll feel the difference, the inspiration, and the energy the moment you arrive!
Current HSS System career opportunities include:
- Laboratory/Xray Technician (Hay River)
- Medical Laboratory Technologist 1 Core Laboratory
- Medical Laboratory Technologist 1 Microbiology
- Medical Laboratory Technologist (Hay River)
- Occupational Therapist (Hay River)
- Oral Health Professional - Dental Hygienist
- Physiotherapist (Hay River)
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Speech Language Pathologist (Hay River)
For more information about short term job opportunities, please email PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca. To speak with a NWT Midwife directly, please email NWTMidwives@gov.nt.ca. For more detailed information about midwifery practice and licensing in the NWT, please visit:www.hss.gov.nt.ca/en/services/midwifery-licence.
- Ambulatory Care
- Acute Care
- Community Health
- Community Health - Entry Level (Tlicho Community Services Agency)
- Emergency Department
- Intensive Care
- Nursing Leadership
- Obstetrics/Labour and Delivery
- Operating Room / Post Anaesthesia Recovery Room
- Public Health (Tlicho Community Services Agency)
- Wound, Ostomy, Continence
Licensed Practical Nurses:
- Child and Youth Care Counsellors (Tlicho Community Services Agency)
- Community Social Services Worker III (Tlicho Community Services Agency)
- Family and Community Social Worker - NWT Wide
- Mental Health & Addictions Counsellor
In addition to highly competitive salaries and flexible work arrangements, the Northwest Territories offers, a Northern Living Allowance, health and dental benefits, a generous pension plan, and outstanding leave benefits, including deferred leave options. On top of that, we offer relocation assistance, along with professional development opportunities and education support.
If you have any questions about HSS job opportunities available within the Northwest Territories, please reach out to us at PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca.