Live. Work. Expand Your Opportunities.....
Few careers offer the breadth of work and provide the opportunity to do something as truly rewarding as the careers with the Northwest Territories Health and Social Services System (HSS System).
You’ll have the opportunity to positively impact the residents of the Northwest Territories while supporting the advancement of healthcare and social services across the territory. You'll work within a system that encourages you to expand and excel in your profession, with supported, continual professional development and opportunities of expanded scope inherent to Northern practice. You’ll discover the healthy work/life balance, with some of the shortest commutes in Canada and the wilderness right outside your door. And all while enjoying one of the most competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits packages in Canada!
When you work in the Northwest Territories you'll be part of a competent, dedicated, and collegial workforce that enjoys a unique lifestyle unmatched anywhere in Canada. You’ll feel the difference, the inspiration, and the energy the moment you arrive!
Current HSS System career opportunities include:
- Director, Operations & Allied Health
- Laboratory Technologist
- Laboratory Technologist - Casual
- Occupational Therapist
- Occupational Therapist (Hay River)
- Oral Health Professional - Dental Hygienist
- Resident Care Aide - Relief
- Sonographer (Hay River)
- Speech Language Pathologist (Hay River)
Licensed Practical Nurses:
- Acute Care
- Registered Nurse - Acute/Ambulatory Care (Hay River)
- Dialysis (Hay River)
- Emergency Department
- Emergency Medical Coordinator, Med-Response
- Public Health Nurse
- Nursing Leadership
- Chief Operating Officer
- Director, Patient Care Services
- Obstetrics/Labour and Delivery
For more information about short term nursing opportunities, please send your resume to: email@example.com.
- Child and Youth Care Counsellors
- Child and Youth Care Counsellors - (NWT wide)
- Family Preservation Worker
- Mental Health & Addictions Counsellor
- Mental Health and Addictions Leadership
- Shelter Services Worker
In addition to highly competitive salaries and flexible work arrangements, the Northwest Territories offers, a Northern Living Allowance, health and dental benefits, a generous pension plan, and outstanding leave benefits, including deferred leave options. On top of that, we offer relocation assistance, along with professional development opportunities and education support.
If you have any questions about HSS job opportunities available within the Northwest Territories, please reach out to us at PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca.