Live. Work. Expand Your Opportunities.....
Few careers offer the breadth of work and provide the opportunity to do something as truly rewarding as the careers with the Northwest Territories Health and Social Services System (HSS System).
You’ll have the opportunity to positively impact the residents of the Northwest Territories while supporting the advancement of healthcare and social services across the territory. You'll work within a system that encourages you to expand and excel in your profession, with supported, continual professional development and opportunities of expanded scope inherent to Northern practice. You’ll discover the healthy work/life balance, with some of the shortest commutes in Canada and the wilderness right outside your door. And all while enjoying one of the most competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits packages in Canada!
When you work in the Northwest Territories you'll be part of a competent, dedicated, and collegial workforce that enjoys a unique lifestyle unmatched anywhere in Canada. You’ll feel the difference, the inspiration, and the energy the moment you arrive!
Current HSS System career opportunities include:
Calling all health and social services professionals, including nurses, social workers, allied health specialists, and more – Casual / locum opportunities are available in the Northwest Territories!
Benefits of joining our casual employment program include flexible schedules, highly competitive salaries, a broad scope of practice, and truly unique experiences in the spectacular Northwest Territories.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
- Home Support Worker (Hay River)
- Laboratory/Xray Technician (Hay River)
- Mammography Technologist
- Medical Laboratory Technologist 1 Core Laboratory - 3 positions
- Medical Laboratory Technologist (Hay River)
- Medical Radiation Technologist/Mammographer
- Medical Sonographer
- Occupational Therapist
- Occupational Therapist (Hay River)
- Occupational Therapist (Hay River)
- Patient Care Coordinator
- Physiotherapist (Hay River)
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Speech Language Pathologist (Hay River)
- Supervisor, Occupational Therapy
- Midwife (Hay River)
- Midwife - Part-time (Hay River)
- For more information about the practice environment for the Hay River postions, click here.
For more information about short term job opportunities, please email PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca. To speak with a NWT Midwife directly, please email NWTMidwives@gov.nt.ca. For more detailed information about midwifery practice and licensing in the NWT, please visit:www.hss.gov.nt.ca/en/services/midwifery-licence.
- Acute Care
- Community Health
- Emergency Department
- Dialysis - Term (Hay River)
- Intensive Care
- Nursing Leadership
- Obstetrics/Labour and Delivery
- Public Health
- RN Educator Mentor (Hay River)
- Nurse Practitioners
- Nurse Practitioners (Hay River)
- Nurse Pracitioners (Tlicho Community Services Agency)
For more information about short term nursing opportunities, please read our locum RN FAQ and send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. *Locum opportunities currently avaible for Community Health Nurses in Lutselk'e from March 1 - July 1*
- Child and Youth Care Counsellors (Tlicho Community Services Agency)
- Clinical Supervisor, Mental Health and Wellness (Tlicho Community Services Agency)
- Community Social Worker III (Hay River)
- Mental Health & Addictions Counsellor (Hay River)
- Regional Clinical Supervisor, Mental Health and Addictions
- Territorial Manager, Child and Youth Placement Services
In addition to highly competitive salaries and flexible work arrangements, the Northwest Territories offers, a Northern Living Allowance, health and dental benefits, a generous pension plan, and outstanding leave benefits, including deferred leave options. On top of that, we offer relocation assistance, along with professional development opportunities and education support.
If you have any questions about HSS job opportunities available within the Northwest Territories, please reach out to us at PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca.