Now Hiring Physicians
Are you a physician looking to add urban, rural, or remote medicine to your work experience? Are you intrigued by the idea of five-minute work commutes and wilderness adventures just outside your door? Does a salaried contract with benefits and without the hassles of a fee-for-service practice appeal to you? Then the Northwest Territories may be the perfect fit for you!
The Northwest Territories offers one of the best compensation packages in Canada, a unique salaried contract for one, two, or three years, and the opportunity to experience a true work/life balance.
We have a new and exciting Physician Leadership Opportunity available in Yellowknife!
Medical Director - Yellowknife Region
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
- Deputy Chief Public Health Officer (Yellowknife)
- Family Practitioner (FP) - Behchokǫ̀
- Family Practitioner (FP) – Hay River
- Family Practitioner (FP) - Fort Smith
- Family Practitioner (FP) - Yellowknife
- Family Practitioner (FP) – including low-risk obstetrics (Inuvik)
- Family Practitioner (FP-EM) – Emergency Department (Yellowknife)
- Family Practitioner (FPS) – Enhanced Surgical and/or Obstetrical surgical skills (Inuvik)
- Family Practitioner (FPA) - Enhanced skills in Anesthesia (Inuvik)
- General Surgeon (Yellowknife)
- Internist (Yellowknife)
- Gastroenterologist (Yellowknife)
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist (Yellowknife)
- Otolaryngologist (Yellowknife)
Should your skills not perfectly align with the job ads posted above, we would still encourage you to reach out to us at PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca about potential contract opportunities. We are always looking for permanent contract physicians that would be a great addition to our team!
Interested in locum opportunities? Benefits include:
- Competitive Daily rates
- On-Call Daily Rates
- Compensation for travel time
- Furnished accommodations during the service period
- Return Travel costs from place of residence to the community of work, including accommodations where necessary
Summer 2023 Locums still available:
- Emergency Medicine (including CCFP-EM)
- GP-Surgery (ESS/OSS)
- GP-Anesthesia (GPA)
- Rural Family Medicine
If you are interested in finding out more or applying to permanent and locum Physician job opportunities, please contact us at PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca.