Now Hiring Physicians
Are you a physician looking to add urban, rural, or remote medicine to your work experience? Are you intrigued by the idea of five-minute work commutes and wilderness adventures just outside your door? Does a salaried contract with benefits and without the hassles of a fee-for-service practice appeal to you? Then the Northwest Territories may be the perfect fit for you!
The Northwest Territories offers one of the best compensation packages in Canada, a unique salaried contract for one, two, or three years, and the opportunity to experience a true work/life balance.
We have a new and exciting Physician Leadership Opportunity available in Yellowknife!
Medical Director - Stanton Territorial Hospital
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
- Deputy Chief Public Health Officer (Yellowknife)
- Family Practitioner (FP) - Behchokǫ̀
- Family Practitioner (FP) – Hay River
- Family Practitioner (FP) - Fort Smith
- Family Practitioner (FP) - Yellowknife
- Family Practitioner (FP) – including low-risk obstetrics (Inuvik)
- Family Practitioner (FP-EM) – Emergency Department (Yellowknife)
- Family Practitioner (FPS) – Enhanced Surgical and/or Obstetrical surgical skills (Inuvik)
- Family Practitioner (FPA) - Enhanced skills in Anesthesia (Inuvik)
- General Surgeon (Yellowknife)
- Internist (Yellowknife)
- Gastroenterologist (Yellowknife)
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist (Yellowknife)
- Otolaryngologist (Yellowknife)
Should your skills not perfectly align with the job ads posted above, we would still encourage you to reach out to us at PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca about potential contract opportunities. We are always looking for permanent contract physicians that would be a great addition to our team!
Interested in locum opportunities? Benefits include:
- Competitive Daily rates
- On-Call Daily Rates
- Compensation for travel time
- Furnished accommodations during the service period
- Return Travel costs from place of residence to the community of work, including accommodations where necessary
If you are interested in finding out more or applying to permanent and locum Physician job opportunities, please contact us at PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca.