Curious what it’s like to practice in the Northwest Territories as a health and social services professional? Explore our profiles of practicing health and social services professionals to learn more about what it’s like to live, work, and expand your opportunities in the Northwest Territories.
- Dr. Sarah Cook, Territorial Medical Director - "I found there's a real opportunity here to have a positive impact, to have an idea for how to improve things and to actually work with people to see it through, make it happen."
- Trina Chin, Nurse in Charge - "I enjoy the natural surroundings and the ability to access nature."
- Zoila Castillo, North Territorial Lead, Training & Practice Improvement - "Since I’ve been here, I’ve moved from being a frontline worker to the supervisor."
- Jamaal Jackson–Grau, Ophthalmic Medical Technologist - "Enjoy what you are doing with the clients and remember, this is an environment where you can have fun working in a fuller scope of practice than you would in the south."
- Charlotte Mackenzie, Social Worker - "I want to be that person that’s always known to be fair, helpful and kind. I am proud of the work we do"
- Dr. David Pontin, Area Medical Director-ER Physician - "As far as I’m concerned, the best experiences in family medicine are to be had in smaller communities. Big cities just didn’t appeal to me."