The Professional Development Initiative (PDI) program is intended to provide Northwest Territories Health and Social Services System (HSS System) employees with increased opportunities for professional development, education, and training for the purposes of position relevant skill and career enhancement.
PDI will be open to online learning only for the 2020/21 fiscal year.
To be eligible for PDI funding, applicants must:
- Be an indeterminate (full-time, part-time, job-share, relief) or term employee of the HSS System.
- Have a minimum of 12 months of continuous service when their professional development activity commences.
- Must perform work consistent with the type of work normally provided in one or more of the professions listed in Appendix A (Eligible Position List) of the PDI Program Guidelines.
Activities eligible for PDI funding support include:
- Certification registration
- Distance learning (i.e. online courses, webinars, credit programs)
- Resources, including texts, electronic reference guides, memberships (excluding registrations required to legally practice), and subscriptions to newsletters and journals to support continuing learning, courses, and current practice
There is one application intake deadline for the 2020/21 fiscal year:
- May 27 – June 17, 2020, for activities beginning July 3rd onwards.
Please send application forms and supporting documentation via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.