The Professional Development Initiative (PDI) program is intended to provide Northwest Territories Health and Social Services System (HSS System) employees with increased opportunities for professional development, education, and training for the purposes of position relevant skill and career enhancement. The HSS System includes the Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA), the Hay River Health and Social Services Authority (HRHSSA), the Tłįchǫ Community Services Agency (TCSA – Health), and the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS).
To be eligible for PDI funding, applicants must:
- Be an indeterminate (full-time, part-time, job-share, relief) or term employee of the HSS System.
- Have a minimum of 12 months of continuous service when their professional development activity commences.
- Must perform work consistent with the type of work normally provided in one or more of the professions listed in Appendix A (Eligible Position List) of the 2019/20 PDI Program Guidelines.
Activities eligible for PDI funding support include:
- Certification registration
- Job shadowing
- Practicum requirements
- Distance learning (i.e. online courses, webinars, credit programs)
- On-Site Group Activity
- Resources, including texts, electronic reference guides, memberships (excluding registrations required to legally practice), and subscriptions to newsletters and journals to support continuing learning, courses, and current practice
There are two application intake deadlines for the 2019/20 fiscal year:
- March 1st – 18th, for activities beginning April 1st onwards.
- July 15th – August 15th, for activities beginning October 1st onwards.
PDI funding will be allocated evenly between the two deadlines for each fiscal year, ensuring funding is available for the second intake.
Please send application forms and supporting documentation via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for Program Guidelines
Click here for Application Form
Click here for Job Shadow / Mentorship / Practicum Form
Click here for Expense Report Form