In addition to our regular recruitment needs, the NWT is looking for physicians ready and willing to work in the coming months as we manage Coronavirus. As a small system covering vast geography and vulnerable populations, we are fragile. If even a few of our physicians are unable to work due to illness or isolation, or our current locum pool becomes unavailable, we may rapidly need to call upon our colleagues in other parts of Canada to help us continue to deliver necessary medical services to residents of the NWT.
Of course, it is also a fantastic place to live and work, and with benefits such as paid travel and accommodation and competitive daily rates, you may just decide you want to keep coming back!
We will reimburse license fees for physicians who apply within the next 60 days (up to June 2nd). If this is of interest to you, please contact PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca.
Check out the jobs below for more information on permanent positions.
Now Hiring Physicians
Are you a physician looking to add urban, rural, or remote medicine to your work experience? Are you intrigued by the idea of five-minute work commutes and wilderness adventures just outside your door? Does a salaried contract with benefits and without the hassles of a fee-for-service practice appeal to you? Then the Northwest Territories may be the perfect fit for you!
The Northwest Territories offers one of the best compensation packages in Canada, a unique salaried contract for one, two, or three years, and the opportunity to experience a true work/life balance.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
- Family Practitioner (FP) – Hay River
- Family Practitioner (FP) - Clinic (Yellowknife)
- Family Practitioner (FP) – including low risk obstetrics (Inuvik)
- Family Practitioner (FP-EM) – Emergency Department (Yellowknife)
- Family Practitioner (FPS) – Enhanced Surgical and/or Obstetrical surgical skills (Inuvik)
- Family Practitioner (FPA) - Enhanced skills in Anesthesia (Inuvik)
- Internist (Yellowknife)
- Otolaryngologist (Yellowknife)
- Psychiatrist (Yellowknife)
Should your skills not perfectly align with the job ads posted above, we would still encourage you to reach out to us at PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca about potential contract opportunities. We are always looking for permanent contract physicians that would be a great addition to our team!
Interested in locum opportunities? Benefits include:
- Competitive Daily rates
- On-Call Daily Rates
- Compensation for travel time
- Furnished accommodations during service period
- Return Travel costs from place of residence to the community of work, including accommodations where necessary
If you are interested in finding out more or applying to permanent and locum Physician job opportunities, please contact us at PracticeNWT@gov.nt.ca.